A fire Thursday afternoon in the southeast part of the valley prompts Clark County Fire Department officials to issue a reminder of grill safety.
At approximately 3:20 p.m. Thursday, firefighters responded to a fire that injured a man after his backyard barbecue grill caught on fire. The accident occurred at in the 8200 block of Beaverbrook Way.
Fire department officials say gas accumulated in the grill and when the man attempted to light the grill the top blew off, causing a flash fire that ignited the man’s clothes. The victim, approximately 50 years old, was transported to University Medical Center with serious burn injuries.
The Fire Department recommends the use of certified propane cylinders as the safest grilling source. Residents living in an apartment or condominium should contact their complex managers for specific requirements at their complexes.