"Weatherman Bandit" Robber Sought by Police | News
LAS VEGAS -- A man dubbed the "Weatherman Bandit" by authorities is wanted in connection with at least eight bank robberies in southern Nevada dating back to 2010.
According to pictures released by the FBI, the man has used different appearances in some of the robberies and always discusses the weather with the tellers. He has not shown a weapon and no one has been injured in the crimes.
Largely taking place in Green Valley, the dates and locations of the robberies are:
- Oct. 15, 2010 - Chase Bank, 1000 N. Green Valley Pkwy, Henderson
- Nov. 30, 2010 - Chase Bank, 8174 S. Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas
- Jan. 13, 2011 - Chase Bank, 10624 S. Eastern Ave, Henderson
- June 15, 2011 - US Bank, 10565 S. Eastern Ave, Henderson
- Sept. 20, 2011 - Nevada State Bank, 11590 S. Eastern Ave, Henderson
- Jan. 10, 2012 - Bank of Nevada, 10199 S. Eastern Ave, Henderson
- Mar. 19, 2012 - Citibank, 10211 S. Eastern Ave, Henderson
- May 23, 2012 - Chase Bank, 2585 Anthem Village Dr, Henderson
The FBI is seeking help in identifying the man, described as white, 50 to 60 years old, approximately 5-foot-8 to 6-foot, 180-200 pounds, with gray hair.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspect is asked to call the FBI, Las Vegas Field Office, at 385-1281, or submit a tip at www.LasVegasBankRobbers.com.